Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mamma Lucia – Inside Fair City Mall – Fairfax, VA (Round 2)

I’m making a recantation of my previous score at this place. I was ready for the lower quality of the calzone but, for the price, it would have been worth it. However, this calzone was terrible. It was overly doughy, yet elastic and hard to cut with the plastic utensils that were given. The calzone was heated to such a degree that the cheese was liquefied and poured completely out onto the plate when the calzone was cut. The heat melted the plastic fork I was using to eat it. I would describe this calzone as a “gumbo” of mostly cheese and pieces of other unidentifiable ingredients, giving the dish just a hint of “meat flavor”. It was a thoroughly dissatisfying eat the second time around. I am rescoring this calzone as a D-, because it wasn’t as bad as I remember Paisano’s being, but probably the second worst calzone I’ve had to-date. The price remained the same at $7.49.


No comments:

Post a Comment