Saturday, December 9, 2017

King’s NY Pizza – Fairfax, VA

This was probably the fourth time I’ve been to this place, but the first time I remember to capture pictures of it. Furthermore, it has probably been about 7 months since I had been here last. I ordered the Ham Calzone again, because I knew it was the classic. When getting back on the horse, one needs to re-establish the baseline. I remembered the Ham Calzone being one of the best I ever had before, and I wasn’t disappointed the second time. I have to admit though, it felt different. The dough was baked quite heavily, very slightly on the tough side but delicious. The outside was crispy and sweet. The dish was served with a very thin marinara which went quickly due it the amount and how much the bread soaked it in. The ricotta used in the pocket was probably some of the best I’ve had so far, with some kind of Italian herb mixed in and sweetened. The ham was cured and salty which mixed together delightfully with the sweetness of the cheese. I believe the difference was how the dough was made and the size of the Calzone. The price of the dish remains to be $9.00 flat, which is still a good deal, but less of one due to the reduced size of the Calzone. I’m adjusting my previous score to a B-, due to the changes. Despite this slightly lower score, it was still quite good and I’ll probably go back again in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment