Monday, September 25, 2017

Ledo's Pizza - Springfield, VA (Round 2)

So I've been to Ledo's maybe 5 or 6 times now. Each time was pretty consistent, and that's what one would expect from a local chain restaurant.

BUT NOT THIS TIME. This time, it was different.

It had been about 8 or 9 months since I had been to Ledo's, maybe even longer. I'm not sure what they've done, but their Chicken Calzone has changed and for the BETTER!.

First of all, it's packed with a lot more stuffing. The bread comes in that classic crispy crust, and they've turned it up to 11. There is grilled chicken slices, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and onions. The Ledo's sauce is tangy and mildly spicy and works wonderfully. The calzone claims to have about 1600 calories, and it only costs $7.99!

Furthermore, I was helped by no less than 4 people, each one of them asking me if I needed something or if someone else had already gotten my order. The food was much faster as well, only took about 15 minutes to receive the meal.

Ledo's classic square calzone may not be anything close to an authentic italian calzone, but it sure is good. I'm re-rating this calzone at an A- for being the same thing it was before, only better!



No comments:

Post a Comment